Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Hartman House 73 N. Palm Street

Designated September 28, 1987

Hartman House

In 1911, the Hartman family moved into this residence. Previously, portions of the San Buenaventura Mission complex and a brewery were on the property.  The house is a well preserved example of the Craftsman Bungalow style, which was prevalent in California in the first quarter of the 20th century, and contains many of the woodwork details which were part of that style.  Gayle Kieran restored the house in 1988.