Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Carlo Hahn House, 211 E. Santa Clara Street

Built 1912, Designated July 15, 1991

Carlo Hahn House

This two-story residence was built between 1912 and 1914 for Carlo Hahn, an agent for the Bordalino Hat Co. and a partner of Giovanni Ferro. Mr. Ferro, Hahn's brother‑in-­law, lived next door in the elaborate Italianate villa once owned by the Schiappapietra family. The Hahn House was built to complement the adjacent mansion. It exhibits several characteristics of early Victorian styles although built well after the period ended. The house was remodeled as a restaurant in 1971. The house is listed as a contributing member of the Mission National Historic District.