Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Charles Cooper House 163 Cedar Street

Built 1886, Designated October 14, 1986

Charles Cooper House

Charles L. Cooper, a carpenter, purchased this property at in 1886 and built the house in the same year. One of the more noted owners was Mr. Frank White, owner from 1929‑49.  Mr. White was a horticulturist and developed new strains of many common flowers.  The house represents a particular period of local history when Ventura was only a small community; just prior to the tremendous economic boom created by the arrival of the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1887.