Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Morrison House 331 Poli Street

Built 1880, Designated May 18, 1982

Morrison House

John C. Morrison was the first owner of this property, which was built in 1880. This two-and-a-half story vernacular Victorian farmhouse features a prominent tower and a profusion of Eastlake details. The detailed porch frieze combines spindle and spool decoration with cutout stick work. The two story slanted bay window on the south side of the house is divided by decorative shingles, which also appear under the main roofline. In 1985 the house was cut horizontally when it was moved from its original location, at 1785 N. Ventura, to 320 W. Main Street to undergo restoration before being relocated to 331 Poli Street.