Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Judge Ben T. Williams House - 386 Franklin Lane,

Built 1890

Designated January 26, 1987

Historical Homes For Sale Now

Ben T. Williams House

The Judge Ben T. Williams House was built on Ventura Avenue around 1890, possibly by Selwyn Shaw. Around 1950 it was moved to Franklin Lane. It is an example of a Queen Anne ranch house, with Stick Eastlake influence. Benjamin Tully Williams was Judge of the Superior Count of Ventura for many years during the 1890's and early 1900's. He was also one of the most powerful political figures in the County during that time.